Almost gave up and just want to live with the thought of "everyone can make muffins except me" till J gave me some vanilla pods this week . Failed at my first muffins attempt as the top flour gave a cakey texture while my second attempt was as disasterous as the eggs were too huge plus I tried to use less butter (pretending to be health conscious I guess). Luckily, this third attempt to bake muffins in a week reap some success. The texture was dense enough and the taste of vanilla bean and white choc merged nicely. So here's the recipe after multiple revision of amount of eggs, flour, butter etc.
White Chocolate Couveture
150g salted butter
130g caster sugar
175ml UHT full cream milk
2 small eggs
240 plain flour
10g baking powder
Half a pod of vanilla
1) Cream butter, sugar together till light and creamy.
2) Scrap vanilla beans into milk and add milk to the butter and sugar mixture a little at a time. Blend well.
3) Pour in lightly whisked egg in thin stream till all used.
4) Fold in sieved flour and baking powder till smooth batter formed.
5) Preheat oven to 200 degree.
6) Piped batter into muffin cups (3/4 full) and bake at 200 degree for 25mins.