Since the amount of sugar, butter and eggs which goes into a cake is so scary, I decided to bake cinnamon bread instead. Love the smell of bread baking in oven. Love the softness of freshly baked bread!
I will call this my Diet Cinnamon Swirl Loaf!
5g of dry yeast
250g of bread flour
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
150ml of water
10g of unsalted butter
4 teaspoons of cinnamon powder ( I got mine from Daiso)
3 teaspoons of brown sugar
1. Mix dry yeast, bread flour, caster sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a big bowl
2. Stir in the water
3. Add butter
4. Dust the table top with some flour and start kneading the dough for 8-10mins
5. The dough is ready for 1st fermentation (fermenting) once it lose its stickiness and if the indentation stay when you push in a finger
6. Transfer the dough into a clean and dry bowl. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and allow the dough to ferment for an 1 hr or more
7. Meanwhile mix 3 teaspoon of brown sugar with 3 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
8. When the dough double in size, this means that the 1st fermentation process is completed
9. Gently compress the dough and spread the brown sugar and cinnamon mix onto the bread, start folding in the dough to achieve a smooth round texture
10. Shape the dough to fit the baking tray and leave the dough in the tray for the 2nd fermentation (proofing)11. 45mins later, preheat the oven to 180degree and once the oven is ready, bake at 180degree for 45mins.