Ingredients for cupcake
250g selfraising flour + 2 table spoon of grinded earl grey tea (Can subsitute with lady grey with you want a milder flavour)
125g butter (I like to use SCS or Lurpak or Golden Churn. Yes, in that order of preference)
100g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 small eggs
130ml of fresh milk
Ingredients for citrus frosting
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of milk
1 tablespoon of orange and lemon juice and a little orange/lemon zest
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy
2. Add half portion milk and egg, blend well. Add other half, blend well.
3. Fold in sieved flour with grinded tea leaves till a smooth batter formed.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree. Piped batter into cups and baked at 200 degree for 25mins.
5. Cream butter and icing sugar well. Add milk, juice and zest and cream for another 5mins. Leave mixture in fridge for an hour for frosting to set.
6. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.
(Makes 8 cupcakes)
The End Product - Cannot go wrong with earl grey and anything citrusy.